80 IU / drop, oral drops, solution
cholecalciferol ( vitamin D 3 )
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start using this medicine. It contains information that is important to you.
This medicine can be obtained without a prescription. D Vitamin Oil ACO must nevertheless be used with caution to achieve the best results.
- Save this information, you may need to read it again.
- Contact the pharmacy staff if you need more information or advice.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse.
In this leaflet you will find information about:
1. What Vitamin D Oil ACO is and what it is used for
2. Before you use Vitamin D Oil ACO
3. How to use Vitamin D Oil ACO
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Vitamin D Oil ACO
6. Other information
1. WHAT VITAMIN D OIL ACO IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
D Vitamin Oil ACO is a D- vitamin solution that is used to prevent vitamin D deficiency in children. D vitamin is needed among other things for the body to absorb calcium. Vitamin D deficiency in children can lead to soft and deformed bones ( rickets ).
D Vitamin Oil ACO is recommended for children up to 2 years of age. Some children may need vitamin D drops up to the age of 5 and this applies to:
- children who do not receive vitamin D-fortified foods
- children with dark skin color
- children who do not spend enough time outdoors in the summer or have clothes that cover their face, arms, and legs
2. BEFORE YOU USE VITAMIN D OIL ACO
Do not use Vitamin D Oil ACO
- if your child is allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients in Vitamin D Oil ACO.
- if your child at the same time, other products containing the D vitamin. Vitamin D is fat-soluble and can accumulate in the body. You should not exceed the recommended dosage as it can lead to poisoning if an overdose occurs for a long time.
3. HOW TO USE VITAMIN D OIL ACO
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor advised. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
The recommended dose for children 0-2 years is: 5 drops daily
The recommended dose for some children up to 5 years is 5 drops daily
(see “1. What Vitamin D Oil ACO is and what it is used for”).
5 drops correspond to about 400 IU of vitamin D.
Turn the bottle upside down and shake lightly to get the first drop.
If you use too much Vitamin D Oil ACO
If your child has ingested too much medicine, contact a doctor, hospital, or the Poison Information Center for risk assessment and advice.
If you forget to take Vitamin D Oil ACO
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose .
If you stop using Vitamin D Oil ACO
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Very few side effects, such as stomach cramps, have been reported with this product.
5. HOW TO STORE VITAMIN D OIL ACO
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
An unopened bottle was used before the expiration date indicated on the bottle. The expiration date is the last day of the specified month. Opened bottle should be consumed within 6 months.
Store below 25 ° C.
The medicine should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment. The empty bottle can be left for glass recycling.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
- The active substance is cholecalciferol ( Vitamin D 3 ).1 ml Vitamin D Oil ACO contains: 59.5 micrograms cholecalciferol equivalent to 2380 IU vitamin D 3 . 1 ml of vitamin D Oil ACO corresponds to 30 drops.
- The other ingredient is sunflower oil.
What the medicine looks like and contents of the pack
D Vitamin Oil ACO is a clear, colorless to pale yellow solution.
Pack size: 750 drops (25 ml), brown glass bottle with white drop insert and white screw cap.
Marketing Authorisation Holder
ACO HUD NORDIC AB
194 26 Upplands Väsby
Medgenix Benelux NV