10 mg / g cream
1. What Hydrocortisone Evolan is and what it is used for
Hydrocortisone Evolan is a mild-acting hydrocortisone cream that has an anti-inflammatory and antipruritic effect.
Hydrocortisone Evolan is used for mild eczema caused by e.g. soap, detergents, cosmetics, insect bites, and sunburn.
2. What you need to know before you use Hydrocortisone Evolan
Do not use Hydrocortisone Evolan
- if you are allergic to hydrocortisone or any of the other ingredients of Hydrocortisone Evolan (listed in section 6).
Warnings and cautions
- Hydrocortisone Evolan must not be used in wounds or around the eyes.
- Rash around the mouth (perioral dermatitis ), rosacea and acne should not be treated with cortisone . If you have a skin infection, do not use Hydrocortisone Evolan unless infection is being treated at the same time. Consult a physician in these cases.
- Contact a doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
Children under 2 years of age should only be treated according to a doctor’s recommendation.
Other medicines and Hydrocortisone Evolan
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Hydrocortisone Evolan can be used during pregnancy and lactation, but long-term use and use of large amounts of cream should be avoided.
Driving and using machines
No effect on the ability to drive or use machines.
You are responsible for assessing whether you are fit to drive a motor vehicle or perform work that requires sharpened attention. One of the factors that can affect your ability in these respects is the use of drugs due to their effects and/or side effects. Descriptions of these effects and side effects can be found in other sections. Read all the information in this leaflet for guidance. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Hydrocortisone Evolan cream contains cetostearyl alcohol and parahydroxybenzoic acid esters
- The cream contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin reactions (eg contact dermatitis).
- Cream one contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), ethyl parahydroxybenzoate (E214), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), butyl parahydroxybenzoate and isobutyl parahydroxybenzoate which may cause allergic reaction (also delayed).
Hydrocortisone Evolan contains cetostearyl alcohol and parahydroxybenzoic acid esters
3. How to use Hydrocortisone Evolan
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor advised. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
Apply a thin layer morning and evening or as directed by your doctor. After 3-4 days, the number of coats of Hydrocortisone Evolan can usually be reduced and the treatment alternated with an emollient cream.
If symptoms have not improved after 1 week, consult a doctor for advice.
If you use more Hydrocortisone Evolan than you should
If you have ingested too much medicine or if e.g. a child ingested the medicine by mistake, contact a doctor, hospital, or the Poison Information Center for risk assessment and advice.
Overdose is not expected as the cream should only be used on the skin.
If you forget to use Hydrocortisone Evolan
Apply a thin layer the next morning or evening.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Uncommon (less than 1 in 100 but more than 1 in 1000 users):
- Skin irritation and contact allergy in the form of increased itching , redness and irritation.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This also applies to any side effects not mentioned in this information. You can also report side effects directly to the Medical Products Agency. By reporting side effects, you can help increase drug safety information.
5. How to store Hydrocortisone Evolan
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton.
The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the packaging and other information
- The active substance is hydrocortisone 10 mg / g.
- The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearyl ether, liquid paraffin, white petroleum jelly, citric acid, sodium citrate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), ethyl parahydroxybenzoate (E214), propyl parahydroxybenzydroxylbenzoate (E214), butenexylbenzoate.
What the medicine looks like and contents of the pack
Appearance: White to off-white cream
Pack sizes: Tubes of 20 g and 50 g.
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Evolan Pharma AB
182 12 Danderyd
440 avenue du Général de Gaulle
14200 Hérouville St Clair