1% (10 mg / ml) eye drops , solution, single-dose container Atropine
1. WHAT ATROPIN BAUSCH & LOMB IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Atropine Bausch & Lomb is used to dilate the pupil in your eye and to relax the sphincter of the eye’s radiating body. Your doctor or ophthalmologist can use it to do more detailed examinations of your eye, or as part of a treatment program if you have an inflammation of the iris and radiating body. Atropine Bausch & Lomb is also used after eye surgery.
This medicine is intended for children, adults, and the elderly.
Atropine sulfate contained in Atropin Bausch & Lomb may also be approved for the treatment of other conditions not mentioned in this leaflet. Ask your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional if you have any further questions and always follow their instructions.
BEFORE YOU TAKE ATROPIN BAUSCH & LOMB
Do not take Atropine Bausch & Lomb
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to atropine sulfate or any of the other ingredients of Atropin Bausch & Lomb (listed in section 6).
- If you suffer from glaucoma ( glaucoma ) with a narrow chamber angle (which can cause a sudden increase in pressure in the eye when the pupil a is widened).
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Your doctor will ask you to remove the contact lenses before taking the eye drops. There is no information on how this product affects contact lenses. Therefore, do not wear contact lenses until the effect of the eye drops has completely disappeared.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and fertility
If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, talk to your doctor or eye specialist before taking this medicine. Your doctor or ophthalmologist will decide if you should use these eye drops or take another medicine.
Atropine passes into breast milk and the risk of affecting the baby cannot be ruled out. Atropine Bausch & Lomb should therefore not be used during breast-feeding.
Driving and using machines
As with all eye drops, you may experience blurred vision after taking the drops. Wait until you see clearly again before driving or using machines.
You are responsible for assessing whether you are fit to drive a motor vehicle or perform work that requires sharpened attention. One of the factors that can affect your ability in these respects is the use of drugs due to their effects and/or side effects. Descriptions of these effects and side effects can be found in other sections. Read all the information in this leaflet for guidance. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
3. HOW TO TAKE ATROPIN BAUSCH & LOMB
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or ophthalmologist has told you. Consult a doctor, ophthalmologist, or pharmacist if you are unsure.
The drops come in special single-dose containers that are sufficient for the treatment of both eyes if necessary. Then discard the single-dose container.
- The usual dose for adults is one drop 1-5 times daily.
Use for children
- The usual dose for children over 6 years is one drop 1-2 times daily.
Instructions for use
If you take the eye drops yourself, follow these instructions carefully:
- Wash your hands.
- Use a mirror because it will help you see what you are doing
- Wipe the eyes thoroughly with a napkin and unscrew the closure of the single-dose container.
- Carefully pull down the lower eyelid and carefully drip 1 drop into the eye socket.
- Close the eye and blink a few times to make sure the solution covers the eye.
- Close the eyelids. You should gently press on the inner corner of the eye for 3 minutes. This will prevent the solution from running into the nose and throat. This is especially true for children, the elderly, and at-risk patients.
- Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 for the other eye. Then discard the single-dose container even if there is a solution left in it.
If you forget to take Atropin Bausch & Lomb
If you forget to take Atropin Bausch & Lomb take it as soon as possible and then continue as before. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor, ophthalmologist, or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Atropin Bausch & Lomb can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects may occur:
Common (affects more than 1 user in 100):
- increased cardiac activity
- aroused state of mind
- impaired myopia
- transient burning after induction
Uncommon (affects less than 1 user in 100) :
- allergy with prolonged use
- difficulty urinating
Children are at increased risk of side effects due to overdose.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor, ophthalmologist, or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE ATROPIN BAUSCH & LOMB
Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
Do not store above 25 ° C. Do not freeze. Store in the original package. Sensitive to light.
The drops come in single-dose containers that are sufficient for the treatment of both eyes if necessary.
The medicine should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
- The active substance is atropine sulfate. Each single-dose container contains approximately 0.5 ml of 1% solution of atropine sulfate (5 mg).
- The other ingredients are hydrochloric acid and sterilized water.
This medicine does not contain any preservatives as it is a sterile one-dose container.
What the medicine looks like and the contents of the pack
Each carton contains 20 single-dose containers.
Marketing Authorization Holder and Manufacturer
Marketing Authorization Holder
BAUSCH HEALTHCARE IRELAND LIMITED
3013 Lake Drive
Citywest Business Campus
Dublin 24 – D24PPT3 – Ireland
Laboratoire Chauvin SA
07200 Aubenas – France
For any information about this medicine, please contact the local representative of the Marketing Authorization Holder:
Bausch & Lomb Nordic AB
Söder Mälarstrand 45
118 25 Stockholm