Insect Allergy

In the case of insect allergy, you are allergic to any substance in the poison that insects inject when they stick with their spikes. When the immune system reacts to the substance to protect the body, you get an allergic reaction. Severe allergic reactions after wasp or bee sting are unusual.
About one in a hundred people are allergic to wasps or bees. Serious reactions to bee and wasp stings are more common in adults than in children. An average of two adults per year die from a severe allergic reaction caused by wasp or bee stings, and we have no deaths in children.