20 mg / g + 10 mg / g cream
miconazole nitrate + hydrocortisone
1. What Daktacort is and what it is used for
Daktacort contains a fungicide ( miconazole ) and mild cortisone that is antipruritic and anti-inflammatory ( hydrocortisone ).
Daktacort is used in the treatment of athlete’s foot with troublesome itching for adults and children over 10 years.
2. What you need to know before using Daktacort
Do not use Daktacort
- if you are allergic to miconazole, hydrocortisone, other similar antifungal medicines, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
- if the skin is infected with viruses (smallpox, chickenpox, and herpes ) or certain bacteria (tuberculous skin disease).
Warnings and cautions
Talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse before using Daktacort.
- Be careful when applying Daktacort. Avoid contact with eyes. Therefore, wash your hands after each treatment.
- As Daktacort can destroy certain synthetic materials, the use of cotton underwear is recommended if it comes into contact with the treated body surface.
- Avoid contact with latex products (eg latex pads, latex condoms), as the ingredients in Daktacort, can damage latex products.
- Contact a doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
Daktacort should not be used by children under 10 years of age without a doctor’s prescription. Foot fungus is uncommon in children.
Other medicines and Daktacort
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
Treatment with blood thinners taken by mouth, e.g. warfarin, may be affected by Daktacort. Therefore, if you are being treated with blood thinners, your doctor may want to monitor the effectiveness of this treatment.
The effects and side effects of certain other medicines can be enhanced if used at the same time as Daktacort. Examples of such drugs are oral diabetes medicine and phenytoin (for epilepsy ).
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Caution is advised when using during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using Daktacort during pregnancy. Treatment of large body areas and use under covering dressings should be avoided.
It is not known whether administering Daktacort to the skin may cause hydrocortisone and miconazole to pass into breast milk. However, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using Daktacort during breast-feeding. Treatment of large areas and use under covering bandages should be avoided during this time.
Driving and using machines
No known risks.
Daktacort contains benzoic acid and butyl hydroxyanisole
This medicine contains 2 mg / g benzoic acid. Benzoic acid can cause local irritation and may increase the risk of jaundice (yellowish skin and eyes) in newborns (up to 4 weeks of age). Butylhydroxyanisole may cause local skin reactions (eg contact dermatitis) or be irritating to eyes and mucous membranes.
3. How to use Daktacort
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor, pharmacist or nurse has told you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse.
When treating athlete’s foot for adults and children over 10 years: Wash and dry your feet thoroughly. Use a special towel for the fungus-infected area. This way you avoid infecting others. Apply cream thinly on the infected skin area and 1-2 inches outside 2 times daily (morning and evening). Massage in so that the cream disappears completely. Wash your hands after each treatment. Change socks every day. When the skin then looks healthy again, the treatment should continue for at least another week. This prevents relapse. You must talk to your doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve within 7 days. Do not treat for more than 4 weeks without a doctor’s prescription.
A natural thinning of the skin occurs in the elderly. Therefore, corticosteroids should be used sparingly and for short periods of time.
If you have the impression that the effect of Daktacort is too strong or too weak, talk to a doctor, pharmacist, or nurse.
If you have used too much Daktacort
- skin may become irritated. These symptoms usually go away when treatment is stopped.
- the whole body can be affected by the uptake of cortisone into the bloodstream.
If you have ingested too much medicine or if e.g. If a child has inadvertently ingested the medicine, contact a doctor, hospital, or the Poison Information Center for risk assessment and advice.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Daktacort can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Daktacort and contact a doctor immediately if you get any of the following symptoms ( angioedema ) that have been reported (occurs in an unknown number of users):
- swelling of the face, tongue, or throat
- difficulty swallowing
- hives and difficulty breathing
Other reported side effects:
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people): Skin irritation, burning, hives, itching, irritability
Has been reported (occurs in unknown numbers of users): Severe allergic reaction ( anaphylactic reaction ), hypersensitivity. Local reactions such as rash, contact dermatitis, reddening of the skin, dermatitis, loss of pigment in the skin. Tamsyn.
5. How to store Daktacort
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton.
The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
Store in a refrigerator (2 ° C-8 ° C).
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the packaging and other information
- The active substances are miconazole nitrate and hydrocortisone. 1 gram of cream contains miconazole nitrate 20 mg and hydrocortisone 10 mg.
- The other ingredients are pegoxol 7 stearates (ethylene glycol monostearate, macrogol stearate), oleoyl macrogol glycerides, liquid paraffin, disodium edetate, benzoic acid (E210), butyl hydroxyanisole (E320), and water.
What the medicine looks like and the contents of the pack
Daktacort is a white cream.
The aluminum tube containing 15 grams of cream.