Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start using this medicine.
This medicine can be obtained without a prescription. Canoderm must nevertheless be used with caution to achieve the best results.
- Save this leaflet, you may need to read it again.
- Contact the pharmacy staff if you need more information or advice.
- You must contact a doctor if the symptoms worsen or do not improve.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet you will find information about:
1. What Canoderm 5% cream is and what it is used for
2. Before you use Canoderm 5% cream
3. How to use Canoderm 5% cream
4. Possible side effects
5. How to use Canoderm 5% cream to be stored
6. Other information
1. WHAT CANODERM 5% CREAM IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Canoderm is a white emollient cream that contains 5% urea . Urea has water-binding properties, which contributes to the normalization of dry skin.
Canoderm is used for moisturizing treatment of dry skin of various origins and to prevent recurrence of atopic eczema .
2. BEFORE YOU USE CANODERM 5% CREAM
Do not use Canoderm 5% cream
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to urea or any of the other ingredients of Canoderm.
Take special care with Canoderm 5% cream
- Avoid applying cream to eyes, nose, ears, open wounds or mucous membranes.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Canoderm can be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
Driving and using machines
Canoderm does not affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Canoderm 5% cream
Canoderm cream contains ethyl and methyl parahydroxybenzoate which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
Canoderm cream contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin reactions (eg contact dermatitis).
This medicine contains 50 mg of propylene glycol per gram.
3. HOW TO USE CANODERM 5% CREAM
Moisturizing treatment of dry skin of various origins:
Cream one is lubricated if necessary, preferably several times daily and always after contact with water. Lubricate as much as the skin can absorb without it feeling sticky.
Prevention of recurrence of atopic eczema:
The cream one is lubricated at least twice daily and preferably after contact with water.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Canoderm can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common (affects more than 1 user in 100): The cream may cause local burning or heat sensation. The face is particularly sensitive.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE CANODERM 5% CREAM
Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Do not store above 25 ° C.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
- The active substance is urea 50 mg / g.
- The other ingredients are medium-chain triglyceride s, polysorbate 60, cetostearyl alcohol, hydrogenated rapeseed oil, propylene glycol, carbomer, dimethicone, paraffin wax, glycerolpolymetakrylat, ethyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 214), methyl (E 218), sodium lactate, lactic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyoxyethylene stearate, purified water.
What the medicine looks like and the contents of the pack
What the medicine looks like White cream
A plastic tube (polyethylene), 30 g, with a screw cap.
A plastic tube (polyethylene), 100 g, with a snap cap.
A plastic tube (polyethylene), 210 g, with a snap cap.
Plastic jar (polypropylene) with pump, 380 g.
Plastic jar (polypropylene) with pump, 500 g.
Plastic jar (polypropylene), refill jar for a plastic jar with pump, 500 g.
Double packaging 600 g containing plastic jar (polypropylene) with pump, 500 g + plastic tube (polyethylene), 100 g, with a snap lid.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Marketing Authorization Holder and Manufacturer
ACO Hud Nordic AB, Box 622, 194 26 Upplands Väsby
Medgenix Benelux NV, Vliegfeld 21, B-8560 Wevelgem, Belgium