WHAT ZIPZOC OINTMENT STOCKING IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Zipzoc Ointment Stocking is an elastic tricot stocking that is impregnated with zinc oxide ointment, which has a soothing/soothing and protective effect on the skin. Zipzoc Ointment Stocking prevents direct contact between the skin and the adhesive of the tight outer dressing. Zipzoc Ointment Stocking’s adhesion to the lower leg means that the bandage (dressing) can stay on for several days at a time.
Zipzoc ointment stocking is used for:
- insufficient blood flow through the veins in the legs ( chronic venous insufficiency ).
- long-term ( chronic ) leg or foot ulcers ( ulcus cruris).
- bandaging (dressing) after operations, e.g. varicose vein operations.
BEFORE USING ZIPZOC OINTMENT SOCK
Do not use Zipzoc Ointment Stocking
- if you are allergic to zinc oxide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
- in case of impaired blood supply through the arteries to the lower legs ( arterial insufficiency ).
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Driving ability and use of machinery
HOW TO USE ZIPZOC OINTMENT SOCK
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as directed by your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse. Consult a doctor, pharmacist, or nurse if you are unsure.
The doctor adjusts the use individually for the patient.
Put Zipzoc Ointment Stocking on the lower leg, from the base of the toe up to the crease of the knee. Smooth out any creases.
Zipzoc Ointment Stocking should be used in combination with a suitable compression wrap that is wrapped around the Zipzoc Ointment Stocking. The normal changing frequency for the double bandage (Zipzoc Ointment stocking + bandage) is 1 time/week. See the user manual below for more information.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 users): local skin reactions, eg rash, redness, itching, softening of wound edges.
HOW TO STORE ZIPZOC OINTMENT SOCKS
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Use before the expiry date stated on the carton after Expiration. dat. The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
Medicines must not be thrown into the drain or among the household waste. Ask the pharmacist how to dispose of medicines that are no longer used. These measures will help to protect the environment.
- The active substance is zinc oxide.
- 1 g of ointment contains 200 mg of zinc oxide.
- Other ingredients are liquid paraffin and white vaseline.
Appearance and package sizes of the medicine
80 cm long white viscose knitted stocking with white ointment. Inner dressing in case of double bandaging.
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Evolan Pharma AB, PO Box 120, 182 12 Danderyd.
Purna Pharmaceuticals NV, Rijksweg 17, 2870 Puurs, Belgium.