150 mg effervescent tablet is
1. What Inside Brus is and what it is used for
Inside Brus is a histamine (H 2 ) receptor blocker and works by reducing the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Normally, gastric juice is very acidic and can cause heartburn and acid reflux when leaking up to the esophagus. An effervescent tablet reduces the production of stomach acid and can provide symptom relief after about 20 minutes. The antacid effect lasts up to 12 hours.
Inside Noise provides symptom relief in case of temporary heartburn and acid regurgitation.
Acid production can be stimulated by smoking, alcohol, spicy foods, and stress. Some medicines such as acetylsalicylic acid and other anti-inflammatory drugs for joint and muscle pain can also be the cause of heartburn and other stomach acid-related problems. Heartburn and acid reflux can also occur in stomach ulcers and in rare cases also in more serious diseases of the stomach or esophagus.
Heartburn and acid regurgitation can be caused by gastric juice penetrating the esophagus at bedtime or heavy lifting. An important measure that can provide relief in heartburn and acid reflux is to change their lifestyle. This can include: smoking less, avoiding coffee, alcohol, spicy foods, late evening meals, and heavy lifting. You should try to get a regular and stress-free lifestyle. Raising the head end during the night can also relieve the discomfort. Another measure may be treated with over-the-counter medication. If these measures do not help, you should consult a doctor. This is especially important if you have persistent or recurrent problems, difficulty swallowing, or if your doctor has told you that you have impaired kidney function.
Ranitidine contained in Inside Brus may also be approved for the treatment of other conditions not mentioned in this leaflet. Ask your doctor, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional if you have any further questions, and always follow their instructions.
2. What you need to know before using Inside Noise
Do not use Inside Noise
– if you are allergic to ranitidine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
Warnings and cautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Inside Brus:
- if you have kidney disease, severe liver disease or acute porphyria (an unusual condition with increased turnover of porphyrins).
- if you are elderly or have a chronic lung disease, diabetes or a weakened immune system, as you may then be at higher risk of developing pneumonia .
Inside Brus contains sodium, which is why you should consult a doctor if you have high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. See “Inside Noise Contains” below.
Other drugs and Inside Noise
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
Inside Brus may affect the way some other medicines are taken at the same time. Therefore consult a physician before concomitant use of drugs with the following contents:
- ketoconazole (against fungal infection)
- glipizide (for high blood sugar in diabetes )
- triazolam or midazolam (sleeping pills)
- procainamide and N-acetyl procainamide (for cardiac arrhythmias )
- coumarin-type blood thinners (eg Waran)
- atazanavir or delaviridine (for viral infections)
- gefitnib or erlotinib (for cancer)
- theophylline (for asthma and bronchitis)
- other acid neutralizing agents
If you are taking erlotinib, a medicine used to treat certain types of cancer, talk to your doctor before taking Inside Brus. Ranitidine contained in Inside Brus may reduce the amount of erlotinib in your blood and your doctor may need to adjust your ranitidine treatment during concomitant treatment with erlotinib.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Ranitidine crosses the placenta. Therefore, consult a physician before using Inside Brus during pregnancy.
It is possible that a breastfed baby may be affected. Therefore, do not use Inside Brus during breastfeeding other than on a doctor’s prescription.
Driving and using machines
Inside Noise can cause dizziness and fatigue in some people. You should not drive or use machines that require precision until you know how you react to Inside Noise.
You are responsible for assessing whether you are fit to drive a motor vehicle or perform work that requires increased vigilance. One of the factors that can affect your ability in these respects is the use of drugs due to their effects and/or side effects. Descriptions of these effects and side effects can be found in other sections. Read all the information in this leaflet for guidance. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Inside Noise contains
- Lactose : If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Sorbitol : This medicine contains 0.7 mg sorbitol per effervescent tablet .
- Aspartame: This medicine contains 5 mg aspartame per effervescent tablet . Aspartame is a source of phenylalanine. It can be harmful if you have phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare, inherited disease that leads to the accumulation of high levels of phenylalanine in your body.
- Sodium: This medicine contains 402 mg of sodium (the main ingredient in table salt / table salt) per effervescent tablet . This corresponds to 21% of the maximum recommended daily sodium intakefor adults. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you need to take 1 or more effervescent tablets daily for an extended period of time, especially if you have been prescribed a low-salt (sodium-poor) diet.
3. How to use Inside Noise
Adults and children over 12 years: 1 effervescent tablet if needed for symptom relief. Do not take more than 2 effervescent tablets per day unless your doctor prescribes another dose. If you still have symptoms after taking Inside Brus for 2 weeks straight, you should consult a doctor, as your stomach problems may have another cause. Effervescent tablet one is dissolved in a 1/2 glass of liquid.
Not given to children under 12 years.
If you take more Brus than you should
If you have ingested too much medicine or if e.g. If a child has ingested the medicine by mistake, always contact a doctor, hospital, or the Poison Information Center for risk assessment and advice.
If you forget to take Inside Noise
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Inside Brus and contact a doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects occur:
Inside Rice can in rare cases give rise to a severe acute allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock, angioedema ).
The symptoms of such a reaction may be:
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
- itchy rash ( hives )
- chest pain
- respiratory distress
- dizziness (low blood pressure )
Inside Brus can in rare cases reduce the number of white blood cells, which impairs your infection defense. If you get an infection with symptoms such as fever and severe worsening of the general condition or fever with local symptoms of infection (eg sore throat/throat/mouth or difficulty urinating), you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Blood samples should be taken so that a lack of white blood cells ( agranulocytosis ) can be ruled out. It is important that you then have information about your medication.
Other side effects:
- Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people): Fatigue.
- Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people): Abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, nausea.
- Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people): Skin rash, transient hepatic impairment, elevated plasma creatinine.
- Rare side effects are (may affect up to 1 in 1000): Skin rash, transient liver, elevated plasma creatinine.
- Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people): Headache, dizziness, chest tightness / breast swelling in men, secretion of breast milk ( galactorrhea ), blurred vision, inflammation of the pancreas ( pancreatitis ), hepatitis ( hepatitis ), jaundice, liver disease inflammation of the blood vessels ( vasculitis ), involuntary movements, twitching and shaking. Slow pulse , fast pulse , heart rhythm disturbance. Kidney inflammation, altered blood levels. Transient confusion, depression and hallucinations, especially in elderly patients, patients who are seriously ill and patients with kidney disease. Hair loss, transient impotence, skin reaction (erythema multiforme) joint pain and muscle aches
- Has been reported (occurs in an unknown user) : Shortness of breath. Contact dermatitis ( inflammation of the skin).
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse. This also applies to any side effects not mentioned in this information. You can also report side effects directly to the Medical Products Agency. By reporting side effects, you can help increase drug safety information.
5. How to Store Inside Brus
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not store above 30 ° C. Store in the original package. Moisture sensitive.
The pipes are closed with a stopper that contains a desiccant.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the packaging and other information
- The active substance is ranitidine hydrochloride equivalent to 150 mg ranitidine.
- The other ingredients are sodium cyclamate, saccharin, aspartame 5 mg, lactose monohydrate 184 mg, citric acid, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate (anhydrous), sorbitol, mannitol, simethicone, sodium citrate, colorant (curcumin E100) and fruit flavor (sorbitol, mannitol, anhydrous colloidal silica, gluconolactone, orange flavoring powder, natural orange oil, mandarin oil, maltodextrin).
What the medicine looks like and contents of the pack
Effervescent tablet one is a yellow, slightly speckled, round, smooth tablet with a scoreline on one side.
Pack sizes: 10, 20, 30 effervescent tablets . Not all pack sizes may be marketed.