200 mg / g cream glycerol
What Glycerol Evolan is and what it is used for
Glycerol Evolan is a white emollient cream containing 20% glycerol (200 mg / g). Glycerol has water-binding properties, which contribute to the normalization of dry skin.
Glycerol Evolan is used to treat dry skin.
2. What you need to know before you use Glycerol Evolan
Do not use Glycerol Evolan
- if you are allergic to glycerol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
Pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility
Glycerol Evolan can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Glycerol Evolan contains ethyl and methyl parahydroxybenzoate and cetostearyl alcohol
Ethyl and methyl parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
Cetostearyl alcohol may cause local skin reactions (eg contact dermatitis).
3. How to use Glycerol Evolan
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as directed by your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse.
Cream one is lubricated if necessary, preferably several times daily and always after contact with water. Lubricate as much as the skin can absorb without it feeling sticky.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common (may affect more than 1 user in 100):
Local transient burning, itching, tingling, and redness.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse. This also applies to any side effects not mentioned in this information. You can also report side effects directly to the Medical Products Agency, By reporting side effects, you can help increase drug safety information.
5. How to store Glycerol Evolan
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the packaging and other information
- The active substance is glycerol 200 mg / g.
- The other ingredients are hydrogenated rapeseed oil, cholesterol , stearoyl macrogol glycerides, cetostearyl alcohol, dimethicone, easy-flowing paraffin, solid paraffin, white Vaseline, ethyl parahydroxybenzoate (E214), methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218, sodium citrate, water);
What the medicine looks like and contents of the pack
What the medicine looks like White cream
Plastic jar with pump, 500 g.
Marketing Authorization Holder and Manufacturer
Purna Pharmaceuticals NV, Rijksweg 17, Puurs, 2870, Belgium.