1.2 mg / 0.6 mg lozenge
2,4- dichlorobenzyl alcohol / amylmetacresol
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start using this medicine. It contains information that is important to you.
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
– Save this information, you may need to read it again.
– Contact the pharmacy staff if you need more information or advice.
– If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any side effects not mentioned in this information. See section 4.
– In case of persistent symptoms or high fever, you should contact a doctor.
This leaflet contains information about:
1. What dichlorobenzene/amylmetacresol Strawberry ABECE is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you dichlorobenzene/amylmetacresol Strawberry ABECE
3. How to use dichlorobenzene/amylmetacresol Strawberry ABECE
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Strawberry ABECE 6. Contents of the pack
and other information
1. What Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol / Amylmetacresol Strawberry ABECE is and what it is used for
Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Abece is a throat lozenge that is used for mild infections in the oral cavity and throat, for example for sore throats. Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Abece has a bactericidal and antiviral effect.
2,4-Dichlorobenzyl alcohol and amylmethacresol contained in Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmethacresol Abece may also be approved for the treatment of other conditions not mentioned in this product information. Ask your doctor, pharmacist, or another healthcare professional if you have any further questions, and always follow their instructions.
What you need to know before you use Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmethacresol Strawberry ABECE
Do not use Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmethacresol Strawberry ABECE
– if you are allergic to 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol, amyl metacresol, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
Warnings and cautions
Do not exceed the recommended dose.
The lozenge should not be given to small children as it may present a choking hazard.
- You should contact a doctor in case of persistent symptoms or high fever.
Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmethacresol Abece is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Other medicines and Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Strawberry ABECE
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Information on Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Abece is not available during pregnancy.
It is not known whether Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Abece passes into breast milk. A risk to the newborn / infant cannot be ruled out.
Driving and using machines
Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmethacresol Abece does not affect the ability to drive and use machines.
Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmethacresol Strawberry ABECE contains isomalt, maltitol, nykoquin
This medicine contains isomalt and maltitol which may have a mild laxative effect when taken on many lozenges. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmethacresol Strawberry Abece also contains nykochin (E124), which can cause allergic reactions.
How to use Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Strawberry ABECE
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
The recommended dose is:
Adults and children from 12 years of age: If necessary, a lozenge should slowly melt in the mouth every two to three hours.
The highest recommended daily dose is 12 lozenges. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Use the lowest dose and the shortest possible treatment time needed to relieve symptoms.
You should contact a doctor in case of persistent symptoms or high fever.
If you use more Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol strawberry ABECE
Possible reactions in case of overdose are stomach upset. If you have ingested too much medicine or if e.g. If a child has inadvertently ingested the medicine, contact a doctor, hospital, or the Poison Information Center (tel. 112) for risk assessment and advice.
If you forget to use Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmethacresol Strawberry ABECE
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten lozenge.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Abece and contact a doctor immediately or see the nearest emergency department if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- swelling of the face, tongue, or throat
- difficulty swallowing
- hives and difficulty breathing.
This may be a sign of hypersensitivity reactions such as angioedema that have been reported in an unknown number of users.
Other side effects may occur.
Has been reported (occurs in an unknown number of users):
- Abdominal pain, nausea, and discomfort in the mouth. Rash.
5. How to store Dichlorobenzyl alcohol / Amylmetacresol Strawberry ABECE
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the packaging and other information
- The active substances are: 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol, amylmethacresol
- The other ingredients are: saccharin (E954), tartaric acid (E334), nykoquin (124), strawberry flavor, isomalt (E953), maltitol (E965)
What the medicine looks like and the contents of the pack
Pink and round with strawberry flavor. Available as pressure packs of 8 and 24 lozenges.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Marketing Authorization Holder and Manufacturer
Marketing Authorisation Holder
Evolan Pharma AB
182 12 Danderyd
Lozy´s Pharmaceuticals SL
Empresarila Campus, Lekaroz