10 mg film-coated tablets
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine. It contains information that is important to you
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
- Save this information, you may need to read it again.
- Contact the pharmacy staff if you need more information or advice.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any side effects not mentioned in this information. See section 4.
- You must talk to a doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse within 3 days
This leaflet contains information about:
1. What Cetirizin STADA is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you take Cetirizin STADA
3. How to use Cetirizin STADA
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Cetirizin STADA
6. Contents of the packaging and other information
What Cetirizine STADA is and what it is used for
Cetirizine dihydrochloride is the active ingredient in Cetirizine Stada. Cetirizine Stada is an anti- allergy medicine .
Cetirizine Stada is used for adults and children over 12 years of age
- allergies in the nose and eyes e.g. hay fever.
- For children between 6 and 12 years, Cetirizin Stada is used for allergies in the nose, e.g. hay fever
Cetirizine dihydrochloride contained in Cetirizin Stada may also be approved for the treatment of other conditions not mentioned in this product information. Ask your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional if you have any further questions and always follow their instructions.
What you need to know before you take Cetirizine STADA
Do not take Cetirizin STADA:
- if you have severe kidney disease (severe renal impairment with creatinine clearance below 10 ml / min).
- if you are allergic to cetirizine dihydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6), or to hydroxyzine or piperazine derivatives (closely related to other medicines).
Warnings and cautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Cetirizin Stada:
- if you have impaired kidney function, consult a doctor; dose may need to be adjusted. The new dose is determined by the doctor
- if you have problems urinating (such as spinal cord problems or prostate or bladder problems), consult your doctor
If you have epilepsy or are at risk of seizures, consult your doctor.
No clinically relevant effect between alcohol (at 0.5 per mille (g / l) in the blood, equivalent to a glass of wine) and cetirizine has been demonstrated when cetirizine is taken at the recommended dose . However, there are no safety data available regarding concomitant consumption of higher doses of cetirizine and alcohol. Therefore, as with all antihistamines , concomitant use of Cetirizine Stada and alcohol should be avoided.
If you are going to have an allergy test , ask your doctor if you should stop taking Cetirizin Stada several days before the test. This medicine may affect the results of allergy tests .
Do not give this medicine to children under 6 years of age as the tablet formulation is not suitable for necessary dose adjustments.
Other medicines and Cetirizine STADA
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
Cetirizine STADA with food and drink
Absorption of Cetirizine Stada is not significantly affected by food.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Cetirizine Stada should be avoided by pregnant women. Accidental use of the drug by a pregnant woman should not cause any adverse effects on the fetus. However, the drug should only be given if necessary and after consulting a doctor.
Cetirizine passes into breast milk. Therefore, you should not take Cetirizin Stada while breast-feeding without consulting your doctor.
Driving and using machines
Clinical studies have not shown that Cetirizin Stada results in impaired attention, alertness or ability to drive at normal doses .
You are responsible for assessing whether you are fit to drive a motor vehicle or perform work that requires increased attention. One of the factors that can affect your ability in these respects is the use of drugs due to their effects and/or side effects. Descriptions of these effects and side effects can be found in other sections. Read all the information in this leaflet for guidance. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Cetirizine STADA contains lactose
If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
How to use Cetirizine STADA
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist have told you. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
Adults and young people over 12 years
The recommended dose is 10 mg once daily as 1 tablet.
Use in children between 6 and 12 years
The recommended dose is 5 mg twice daily as a tablet twice daily.
Other forms of the medicine may be more suitable for children, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Patients with renal impairment
The recommended dose for patients with moderate renal impairment is 5 mg once daily.
If you have severe kidney disease, contact your doctor or pharmacist, who can then adjust your dose .
If your child has a kidney disease, contact a doctor or pharmacist who can then adjust the dose according to your child’s needs.
If you have the impression that the effect of Cetirizin Stada is too weak or too strong, talk to your doctor.
Method of administration
The tablets should be swallowed with a glass of liquid.
The tablet can be divided into two equal doses .
If you need to use Cetirizin Stada for more than 14 days, you should consult a doctor to rule out a more serious cause of the problem.
Following an overdose, the side effects described below may occur with increasing intensity . Side effects such as confusion, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, headache, malaise, dilated pupil, itching , restlessness, drowsiness, drowsiness, stiffness, abnormally high heart rate, tremors and difficulty throwing water have been reported.
If you forget to take Cetirizine STADA
Do not take double dose to make up for forgotten dose .
If you stop taking Cetirizine STADA
In rare cases, intense itching and / or hives may occur when you stop taking Cetirizin Stada.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist .
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects , although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Cetirizin Stada and seek medical attention immediately if you experience symptoms such as:
- swelling of the mouth, face and / or throat
- difficulty breathing (pressure over the chest or wheezing)
- a sudden drop in blood pressure with subsequent fainting or shock
- Symptoms may include signs of hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylactic shock, and angioedema. These reactions are rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people) or very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 users).
The following side effects have also been reported:
Common side effects are (may affect up to 1 in 10)
- dizziness, headache
- inflammation of the throat (sore throat), runny nose (in children)
- diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth
Less common side effects are (may affect up to 1 in 100)
- violent restlessness
- paresthesia (abnormal sensations in the skin)
- abdominal pain
- itching , rash
- asthenia (extreme weakness)
- feeling of illness (feeling of weakness or general feeling of illness).
Rare side effects are (may affect up to 1 in 1000)
- allergic reactions, sometimes severe (very rare)
- depression, hallucinations, aggression, confusion, insomnia
- tachycardia (heart beating too fast)
- abnormal liver function
- edema (swelling)
- weight gain.
Very rare side effects are (may affect up to 1 in 10 000 users)
- thrombocytopenia (decreased platelet count )
- tics (recurrent involuntary muscle twitching)
- fainting, dyskinesia (involuntary movements), dystonia (abnormal prolonged muscle contractions), tremors, dysgeusia (altered taste)
- blurred vision, accommodation disorders (difficulty focusing the gaze), oculogyration (eyes have uncontrolled circulating movements)
- angioedema (severe allergic reaction causing swelling of the face and throat), recurrent rash
- abnormal urinary excretion (bedwetting, pain when urinating and / or difficulty urinating).
Has been reported (occurs in an unknown number of users)
- increased appetite
- suicidal thoughts (recurring thoughts of or preoccupation with suicide), nightmares
- memory loss, memory impairment
- vertigo (feeling of rotation or movement)
- urinary retention (inability to completely empty the bladder)
- intense itching and/or hives when treatment is stopped
- rash with varicose veins
- hepatitis ( inflammation of the liver).
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly to the Medical Products Agency, www.lakemedelsverket.se. By reporting side effects, you can help increase drug safety information.
5. How to store Cetirizine STADA
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after EXP. The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
No special storage instructions.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the packaging and other information
- The active substance is cetirizine dihydrochloride. One film-coated tablet contains 10 mg of cetirizine dihydrochloride.
- The other ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate , macrogol (400), magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica, titanium dioxide (E171), hypromellose (464).
What the medicine looks like and the contents of the pack
White, round tablet with a notch on one side, the opposite side is smooth.
Pack sizes: Printable packs of 7 or 14 tablets (without a prescription), 10, 15, 20, 21, 30, 40, 50 or 100 tablets (prescription).
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Marketing Authorization Holder and Manufacturer
Marketing Authorization Holder
STADA Arzneimittel AG
61118 Bad Vilbel
STADA Nordic ApS
Marielundvej 46 A