100 mg / g Salva
Read this leaflet carefully. It contains information that is important to you.
This medicine can be obtained without a prescription. Algesal must nevertheless be used with caution to achieve the best result.
– Save this leaflet, you may need to read it again.
– Contact the pharmacy staff if you need more information or advice.
– You must contact a doctor if the symptoms worsen or do not improve.
– If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet you will find information about:
1. What Algesal is and what it is used for
2. Before you use Algesal
3. How to use Algesal
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Algesal
6. Other information
1. WHAT ALGAE HALL IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Algae salve is an ointment used to relieve pain in the local treatment of temporary muscle pain.
2. BEFORE YOU USE ALGESAL
Do not use Algesal
- if you are hypersensitive to salicylate or any of the other ingredients of Algesal.
Be especially careful with Algesal
Avoid contact of the ointment with eyes, mucous membranes (eg mouth) and in open wounds, infected or exuding wounds, as well as under cover dressings.
Use of other medicines
There is no evidence that Algesal has any effect on other drugs.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
There is a risk that the fetus may be affected during use during pregnancy. Therefore, always consult a doctor or pharmacist before using Algesal during pregnancy.
Information on the active substance in Algesal ointment is transferred to breast milk is missing. However, always consult a doctor or pharmacist before using Algesal during breast-feeding.
3. HOW TO USE ALGESAL
The ointment is gently rubbed over the entire painful area until the white color of the ointment has disappeared and the skin feels dry. Wash your hands afterward. If necessary, repeat the treatment 3 or at most 4 times daily.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Algesal can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Rare (affects less than 1 user in 1,000): Skin rash, reddening of the skin, hives .
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE ALGESAL
Do not store above 25 ° C.
Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the tube.
The medicine should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
- The active substance is diethylaminosalicylate. 1 g of ointment contains 100 mg of diethylaminosalicylate.
- The other ingredients are ethylene glycol monopalmitostearate, glycerol monostearate 40-55, stearic acid, trolamine, microcrystalline wax, white petroleum jelly, liquid paraffin, lavender oil (perfume), purified water.
What the medicine looks like and the contents of the pack
Aluminum tube, 100 g.
Marketing Authorisation Holder
BGP Products AB
104 35 Stockholm
Thornton & Ross Ltd
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire