Having such an abundant amount of time that ordinary menswear is not enough is common. It is usually not due to something wrong.
For example, having plenty of time can mean one or more of the following:
- Bleeding so much that ordinary menswear is not enough.
- Need to get up at night and change the protective cover.
- You need to use double menses to avoid bleeding.
- Also, you have to change your wardrobe so often that it feels like a problem in your everyday life. You may not be able to exercise like you usually do, or choose not to go to work or school when you have menstruation.
What can I do for myself?
There are ways to reduce bleeding:
- You can buy prescription drugs containing tranexamic acid at a pharmacy. The drug makes you bleed less, but it doesn’t bleed fewer days than you usually do. You who are under 15 should consult a doctor before treatment.
- You can use contraceptives that reduce the amount of bleeding, such as birth control pills, birth control syringe, birth control ring, mini pills, or hormone coil.
When and where should I seek care for abundant menses?
Contact a health care center or gynecologic clinic if you need to change your wardrobe so often that it feels troublesome.
It is often not in a hurry. If it is a weekend, you can wait until it is every day.
Some of you who attend elementary school or high school can contact student health. You can also contact a youth reception, where you can go if you are 12 or 13 years until you are between 20 and 25 years, it is different at different receptions.
Treatment of abundant menses
A doctor may prescribe medication if the bleeding does not reduce the prescription drugs that you have tested. You may also need iron supplementation if you have anemia due to the abundant bleeding.
Ample menstruation can also be treated with an operation where the uterus is removed completely or partially. The operation means that you can no longer have children. Therefore, the operation is only recommended for those who do not want children in the future.
Complications and sequelae
You can get low blood values if you have very copious menstruation and do not get enough iron in your eating. It can make you feel tired and powerless. Remember to eat a good composite diet so that you get enough iron. You may need to take supplements.
Why am I getting plenty of time?
One cause of ample menstruation can be myoma, which is a muscle node in the uterus. It is most common for those older than forty years. Another cause may be endometriosis which means that there is uterine mucosa in places other than inside the uterus.